Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Feet


1/27/09




This past Christmas I bought myself a pair running shoes with a thin and very flexible sole. I spent two weeks walking around in them then the next two weeks running and tech training in them. I went for a run today in them IN THE SNOW!! It was great!! If you remember the SOBE lifewater commercial where the entire city was under bubble wrap, it felt like that. There was a light snow covering the street and boardwalk. The snow was an excellent cushion for my feet. I could really feel the difference between the snow and the underlying surfaces. On my way home I started to push myself a little too early and thought to myself, relax let it come to you, it referring to my pace. I backed off and just cruised, after about a mile my pace, did just that, came to me. I ran strong the rest of the way home. Half a mile away from my finish line I felt my feet open up. The new shoes I purchased forced me to use more of my foot (with each step) and I could feel the ground beneath me in a good way.




What I learned...




-running in the snow--yes


-it will come to you, it meaning pace--yes


-open your feet--yes


No comments:

Post a Comment