Thursday, October 22, 2009

Death of 6



This is not a commercial for the 6th installment of my 2nd favorite movie. It is what I thought a clever pic for the title and reason for this post. For the past 4-5 months I have ran a 6 mile route. Today is the last day I ran it so this is the death of 6.

It starts at my new apartment, halfway point is the old apartment I stayed in for about a month during the summer and then head back to the new spot. It is the most diverse route I think I've ever ran in my life.

The first mile consists of running through clamp corners a.k.a. the development made to look like a neighborhood I currently reside. It consist of trees, neighbors I don't know, and dog poop bags.

The second mile starts at borders (Having a borders a mile from my house, WHAT!!!) and continues behind the local mall on a hidden street I never knew was there. This hidden street is between the mall parking lot and the abandoned race course. This one year at the race course, there was a big flea market, at the race course and I found the best hoody....sorry off topic rambling. The street leads to a runoff pond that forces me to run up a small hill and into the parking lot. I continue in the parking lot behind the stuck up gymnastics facility :P and then head up the next street in the grass filled median. There is no sidewalk so the median is the way to go.

The third mile consists of a bus station, wal-mart across the street, a slight increase in elevation, and running through the old development. This is pretty uneventful and unexciting. Miles 4,5, and 6 are the same as 1,2, and 3 just backwards. This route has been very good to me and I will miss it very much ,sniff. It is time to let go and say goodbye. Thank you for helping me keep up my endurance, and not being a slow boring route. Goodbye 6

Its OK to Cry...sob

-lessons learned

New route equal new information about self and environment

Stick with it, learn your route, hit it hard.

Don't sprint down a grassy hill unless your sure it is completely dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment